<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2007-08-17

Done in America, heading back 

I've spent the last week in the US.  I had to return here to renew both my passport and visa, but it turned into a good chance to visit with some of my old family and friends.  My brother was in town, so we got to spend some time together.  Unfortunately, my mom was away in Montana and my sister in Colorado.
 
I did see each of my friends once.  It's not like the old days.  I used to just call them and say, "Hey how about such-and-such bar on Tuesday?"  Nowadays, they all have kids.  Besides me, all but two of the folks from my old group are married (one of which is currently engaged).  Of those married, all have kids, except for one pair who are expecting soon.
 
SO!  Any given evening, their plan is taking care of baby.
 
I'm the last one! 
 
I'll be looking forward to starting work again.  Good company, good opportunity.  Country is interesting, lots of potential.
 
I have thought a lot about my ex-gf from Shanghai while here.  I regret that I could not make that work out the way I had hoped.  I wanted to, but it did not pan out that way.
 
I have to go.  Only 3 minutes left on the Internet Cafe account.  Tomorrow I sell my car, and Saturday I'm a plane back to Shanghai.  Next week I move out of my Shanghai apartment and start my new life in Beijing.
 
Wish me luck!@
-J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?