<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2005-12-19

Fishing 

I'm enjoying my days lately.  It's a real comfort to get back in touch with my family and argue with them in all the typical ways.  It used to be for a long time I was hoping people would change after I'd been gone a long time.  But people don't change, as a rule.  So I've decided that I'm going to do what suits me best, and then it's not so important if they change or not.  That's the thing.
 
Just today my step-dad asked, "When are you going back to Shanghai?"
I said, "When I find a job which takes me back there."
He said, "When do you suppose that will be?"
I said, "It's like fishing.  What if you are fishing and someone asks you, 'When will you have a fish?'  Well, as soon as the fish bites, it's a manner of minutes.  But until the fish bites, you have no idea when it will happen."
 
Here fishy fishy fish...
 
Comments:
What a great site » »
 
Very nice site! » » »
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?