<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2005-08-16

Small update 

I've come to the conclusion that a large part of the reason I have been keeping strange hours is to avoid my roommate.  I've started looking for new places to live now.  Once I find one, my plan is then to set up the new rental and find a peson to sub-let my existing rental.  Should not be too complicated a task, just take some time and require the benefit of good timing.
 
Today I was up at 4am, making myself some food in preparation for sleep.  My roommate came out, only in his underwear (which he often likes to do - makes me nervous) and said, cheerfully, "HEllooo!"  Dude, I think, It's 4am.  Just grunt.  Why do you have to make such a song-and-dance of every interaction.  So he says, "Whatcha doing up?"  Cooking, I say.  Hope I didn't wake you.  "No, I had to be up anyhow."  I think, strange answer.  What you have to be up for?  "Had to go to the bathroom!"  Damn, you are odd.  My decision is correct, I think.
 
Maybe the tone of this guy does not come through in the writing, but I can say this; I've never finished a conversation with him without thinking it was strange.  I can also say this; I don't feel like going home, and when I'm home I spend most of the time in my room.  I'm checking out rental places now.
 
In other news...  Last Sunday was a good night at swing dance, relatively.  To begin with, my muscles were exhausted from lack of proper sleep and food.  My own fault for that.  But, upon arrival at the night, the assistance of other people made it all work out OK.  I also left the place in a much better feeling, and I've been eating better since.  In the end we had sixteen people in class.  One new student sign-up, plus one renewal.  I had one volunteer as a greeter, and two assistants to help teaching (though I still lead the class).  The real good news is that one of our dancers from America has agreed to help teach the Intermediate class at 6pm.  I asked him to help this last time, since I was tired and out of original material to teach, and he said OK.  I told him I was very happy with it, and I asked if he could do this next Sunday, and the Sunday after that?  He said OK, and seemed to be happy about it.  This takes a big pressure off me, and finally I myself can begin learning something.  Still no DJ volunteer, though, but if we get that I can take a vacation!!!
 
In movie news, some new developments.  It's a jinx to say to much, but there are several American film projects working in town right now.  After this email I am sending my profile to one of them.  I know some people in the production, so I hope something good can come of it.
 
Will update.
Peace!
-J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?