<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2005-01-20

Uh huh 

I am working on two new projects right now.  The first is a small party on Valentine's Day.  The second is a big party on the first Saturday in March.  We've had a lot of parties since I first got here.  Most have been relatively small.  These upcoming two will hopefully be larger.
 
The Valentines day party is relatively easy to prepare for.  We're collaborating with a local bar and having an evening.  I'm bringing some dancers and supplying the music.  Since I've been working on organizing the music over the past few weeks, it should be relatively straightfoward.  I went over to the place and designed a flyer on their computer.  I must admit, it looks pretty beautiful.  It's a pile of candy hearts, and instead of messages on the hearts there are instructions for how to get to the party.  I also put some hidden messages on some of the hearts.  And if you look really hard, you can see a picture of our dance troupe in one heart on the corner.  The owner was very happy with it.  They made them into posters, too.  The owner's husband (who is also the architect of the bar) also complimented me on it.  Hopefully the night will go as well as the flyer.
 
The second project a much more involved.  It is a 1930's theme party.  I've been able to locate a fantastic venue which is going to cooperate with us on all details.  The venue is a converted river-side warehouse.  The third floor is the big party room.  We can fit potentially 300 people.  It would be great to think we'd have that many.  (Let's see how it goes.)  It is a beautiful space.  Very minimalist in some senses, with quality furniture and a comfortable lounge atmosphere while at the same time being the size of a big dance hall.  The moment I saw it I knew it was right.  The location is acceptable, too.  Not too far from a metro line 1 subway stop.  Of course the main thing is that the managers are good folks.  When I told them about the swing dancing efforts I have been putting in, they said they appreciated how hard it was to bring new ideas.  To do this 30's party properly, it must become my life focus for the next six weeks. 
 
Things cooling off on the personal side of life.  I've been a bit reflective as of late.  Besides a good income, I've got just about all a man can ask for out here.  Every now and then my thoughts wander off to things.  Lately I've been thinking that it's about time to begin to start forgiving some people (if that's the right term).  Perhaps I should say I should find peace within myself in relation to others.  It is a hard thing to do, to find a balance.  I guess that's what I'm seeking for.  OK, I'm getting a bit tired.  Have a nice sleep.
-J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?