<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2005-01-23

Parallels 

Tonight I met a friend of mine.  We had not planned to meet.  It is Saturday night and I was wondering what I should do.  I had no real cash to spend.  No real love interest to pursue.  And no clear interested in going to the bars again. So I went to the gym.  I sat in the sauna for a while.  Then I went out to the streets.  Walking.  Would I go to the computer game place?  No, I think not.  The guy who I had played against in Heroes of Might and Magic IV no longer wanted to play against me.  I beat him every time and he no longer found it interesting.  So I walked.
I found my friend also wandering about.  I recognized him.  He'd taken some pictures at a swing dancing event a few weeks ago.  So I said hello, and we together hit the town.  First a regular bar, pitcher of beer 110 quai.  After the pitcher I told him I was beyond my budget if we were to stay here and have another picther.  (Sorry, can't spell now).  So we took off again.
What was his plan tonight?  He didn't have one.  Supposed to meet some girl for salsa dancing, but she was a no-show.  So he and I walked to a bar I knew was giving 10 quai beers.  There we had a few.  Ran into someone I knew.  Said hello. The guy's a bit odd so we didn't talk to long.  My friend and I headed downstairs.  Met some U.S. girls who were in town just for the day.  They were teaching English in Northwest China.  Hello, How are you?  Ok, great.  See ya.  Wouldn't wanna be ya.
My friend and I stop for tacos.  He and I are parallel in that:
* we were both involved with Chinese girls in America.
* both of our relationship dissolved after Nine-Eleven.  We both agreed that it was because of nine-elelven that our relationships stopped happening.  And both of us came to China afterwards.  And both of us have been in Shanghai, China for a year.
 
This is a parallel.
-J
 
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?