<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2004-11-27

Nu stuff 

Last night was Thanksgiving.  I didn't realize it until about 5pm when someone said it to me.  I said, "Really?"  There were no reminders at all that it was coming.  Most of my friends are not Americans.  Brits, Aussies, and elsewhere.  It was kind of strange.
 
My mom gave me a call in the evening.  I was actually at a party held by the guy who is organizing the music for the movie.  And, at that particular time I also happened to be having a conference with the movie director to talk about what songs and what types of dancing will be used in the movie.  So, it was really quite ironic.  Here's how it went:
 
    JIMBO and DIRECTOR are at a party, sitting at the table, going through the dance scenes one at a time and making sure they are prepared.  Music from live jazz band is playing.
  Phone rings.  JIMBO sees it is an international call.
JIMBO
    Oh, I'm sorry, I should take this. 
(takes call) 
    Hello?
 
MOTHER
    Hello.. Jim.. this is you MOTHerrr....  Happy Thanksgiving!
 
JIMBO
    Oh Hi mom!  Happy Thanksgiving!  Can you hang on a sec?
    To director
    I'm sorry, I have to take this.  It's my mom from America.
 
DIRECTOR nods.  JIMBO walks away from table.   
 
 
***********************
Sorry, I have to cut this short.
We're in ELLE magazine this month!!!!!!!
WoooHoooo!
 
-Jimbo
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?