<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2004-08-21

Talked to a guy today who can help me put together a proper website, hosted out of Hong Kong. He runs a big website for foreigners out her in Shanghai. I'm really glad he's helping. Man, I need some help with all of this stuff. I'm beginning now to ask my loyal dancers to help in organizing and spreading the word. Work is always easier if there are more capable people going towards the same goal.
Today a swing dance instructor from Taiwan just arrived. I'm to have dinner with him tonight. I think he's in town for three weeks! This is a great help. I have been running out of classroom material. I'm going to pick this guy's brain!
I've begun my apartment search. Just saw my first place today. OK but I'm not going to take it. I'll ask some folks I know for good referrals for places.
Yesterday I talked with the manager of the Paramount Ballroom. I want to plan a big swing dance event there for November or December. Elle Magainze of China recently came by our dance place and a reporter wants to cover us for the November issue, so I'm trying now to have a big push around that time.
This is a bit of a difficult time in the swing dancing effort. We are losing students, and it's always hard to figure out why. Maybe I'm tired, not as enthusiastic. Maybe it costs too much. Maybe the venue is in a bad location. Maybe the day is wrong. It's so hard to figure out this stuff. It's not at all like computer work, in which there always IS an answer, though it may take a long time to figure it out. This kind of work now is all heuristics.
Okey Dokey! All for now.
-J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?