<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2004-07-01

Football is very big out here. That is to say, soccer. The Euro Cup is going on right now. And it's just as big as the Superbowl or World Series. People out here stay up until 3am to watch the game live in pubs. Last night Holland was playing Portugal, and there were about 150 people in the bar which I went to. Same thing happened a week ago when England played Portugal.
Right now I'm at an Internet cafe doing promotion for the upcoming party. It should be good. You never know, since it is the July 4 weekend there's a lot of other things going on. In another area, we have located a very nice venue which wants us to hold our Sunday lessons there and add a dancing night at the end of the evening. It's located in the city center, People's Square, on the top of a historic building. There, from the roof, you can see a fantastic view of the park and the surrounding buildings. I think we will set up there in a few weeks.
My friend Phil was just at the cafe with me. It looks like he's most certainly going back to England, pending any sort of surprise job offer. He's got his plane ticket now.
I'm looking to move out of my ghetto apartment. I just can't stand it. It's not that it's a poor area, it's that it is a *dirty* area. There is always trash on the street and people just don't take care of it. As soon as my finances are a bit more settled that's the first priority.
I'm unfortunately going to miss my friends' wedding in San Francisco. It would have been nice to visit, but it's just too expensive right now. There's the plane ticket, plus there are visa charges for exit and re-entry. Things are going pretty well out here now, and I don't think it would be a good time to leave, either. Still, I will miss seeing my old friends. I think I'd get a bit homesick if I did return now, so overall perhaps its for the best. I plan to meet up with my friends in Italy when they have another ceremony there. I've never been to Italy and there should be enough time to save up for that trip.
So, overall, right now, pretty good.
-J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?