<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2004-06-10

Nice. My first day off in a while. I've been trying to swing various deals (ha ha) around town. Priority now is to establish a legitimate business association so that we can grow properly. And blah blah blah.
My friend "Bloke" is going back to the UK soon. This sucks for me, as he is one of the people who keep me sane. He's a good guy. He comes from a rough spot in England. He's a no-nonsense type of guy but a sweetheart at the same time. He's in sincerely in love with his girlfriend and chases skirts all over China at the same time. I like having him around because he's non-judgemental and he thinks I actually have my own shit together.
So he hasn't been enjoying his stay out here completely because he lives with said girlfriend and they have not been having the best go of it here in China. She wants to get married, and there you go. I've been trying to convince him to move out of their apartment, find some shit job out here, and stay on. Then we could be friends and I don't have to go about finding a new person I can count on for beer nights and such. But it looks like he's going to leave no matter what at this point. I can see where he's coming from. No job, running out of money, and debts to settle back home. So he says he'll just be gone six months, make some money, then come on back. You know in Shanghai, when someone leaves you just say farewell. Maybe they come back and maybe the don't. Eventually we all leave here, it's just a matter of when.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?