<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2004-05-17

I just received via email the telephone number of the "Original Lindy Hopper," Frankie Manning. He is expecting a call from me regarding his participation in the Shanghai Lindy Hop Exchange, dubbed SLX by a local magazine. Frankie's 90 years old right now, if my count is correct.

Today I also received an email from the organizers of the world's largest Lindy Hop camp, the Herrang Dance Camp in Sweden. I asked them very specific detailed questions about the logistics of setting up a dance camp, and I'm glad I did. I asked how far in advance should I announce a camp before it is actually held? They said a year and a half for something as difficult as a first-time China dance exchange. When do you get the instructors? Book them before you even announce the camp. Etc.

My roommate and I are buying a computer and getting ADSL, which I suppose sounds rather mundane but it's the first time I considered doing something like this in China.

A friend of mine is about to get married in the SF Bay Area. I am considering returning for that, if money and schedule allow. It would be my first trip back to America since I left. Actually, my first trip out of China at all. In a way I would feel guilty just going to San Francisco. Although my friends are back there, my family is in Chicago and it would be strange to go all the way back to America and not stop by to see them. I'm going to work on my options here.

One thing... I'm living in China at least another year, of this I have little doubt.
-J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?