<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2004-04-30

Last night I found both an apartment and a new roommate within 3 hours of each other. I saw an ad for a two-bedroom apartment by People's Square, which is at the center of Shanghai. The two main metro lines both intersect there, and this place is a 10 minute walk from the station. The thing which interested me most was the price of the apartment, 2000rmb. Most similar deals would cost 3000 or 4000, sometimes 6000.
I went to see it. It was larger than I thought. Though far from a luxury apartment, I still could not believe the deal. Adequate accomodation, excelent location, and incredible price. The owner said the price was 2300 when I interviewed them, but this was so minor I didn't give it much fuss. Between two people there, we'll still be paying 1150rmb, or about $US 140. At that rate of spending I could afford to just be a dancing teacher!
After I saw the place, I met with a person who had answered my personal ad looking for roommate. He's a British guy, a bit younger than me, with the same adventurous spirit. It seemed like providence and we hit it off right away. We went back to the apartment to get his take on it, and then we agreed to grab it then and there.
There's still the deal-finishing steps to take, but this is a major weight off my head. I mark it an 8.5 out of 10 on the success meter. Now I can focus on reorganizing the school.
-J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?