<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2004-03-17

Well, the TV crew did come. They filmed our class, and we are due to be on Dragon TV at 230pm this Saturday. I'm going to get a video copy and transfer it to digital so that it can be posted on the Shanghai Swings website.
I'm still working now on putting together the business end. I spoke to my dance partner and he has little to no interested in running the business end of things, so I think our partnership will survive just fine. She wants to run the basic dance classes and serve as a 'Fun and Good Stuff Supervisor', to ensure that the feel of Lindy Hop remains intact and that it has a lot of, uh, Fun and Good Stuff.
I joined a gym and I'm feeling a lot better. I sent out a resume to a business and adult English teaching school, and I think that will work well for me. In the meanwhile, we are beginning a new class for our advanced students and taking on a new instructor. The new class will teach advanced moves as part of an organized routine; anyone who completes the class will be able to perform in our fledgeling "Shanghai Swing Kids" dancing troupe.
I have made an agreement with a local copy shop. I am using them now for all of my computer, CD copying, and brochure printing needs. It's very convenient and rather inexpensive.
So that's about it!
-J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?