<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2004-02-15

Today I was walking around my housing complex. It is an older-style Chinese neighborhood, with at least 10 apartment buildings, all about 5 stories tall. There are four exits to the streets, and at each there is a gate, so it is a little private even though I am in the heart of downtown.

I took a different way out than usual, and I walked past a little shop selling food, like an outdoor restaurant. I speak very little Mandarin -- only enough to say 'hello' and 'my Mandarin is very poor." But the food was all laid out, so all I really needed to do was point and say "One of this" or "three of this." I had breakfast there, and it was pretty good. It cost four quai, which is 50 cents. I had a light breakfast, and I felt fine during the day. (Sometimes you have to make sure a new place will not make you ill.) So, I had dinner there as well before dance class tonight. Not bad! Breakfast and dinner for one dollar total. I think I will be coming there a lot.
-J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?