<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2004-02-23

Quitting smoking Day 5. So far so good.
I have needed almost constant distractions in order to feel ok. The class went alright this week. It was a difficult session for the students because we taught a lot of complicated moves (tandem charleston for me). But they stuck with it OK and we got two new students as well.
We are going to start charging for our once-a-month dance. It's a bit worrysome, to make sure we don't crash the dance scene. But if we dont charge for it we cant expect to continue doing it so many hours. We'll have to just stick primarily to our own jobs. It's sort of a test right now to see how it works.
One of my students has a pretty apparent crush on me. I talked it over with a friend, and I believe the best thing to do is not to bring it up at all. Just act normally and dont encourage it. Eventually the person should get the point.
And also, I gave my terms of employment to a local event company out here. We'll see what they counter-offer on Monday or Tuesday. I also ran into a General Manager of an e-commerce company yesterday. That's a good back up should I need a serious job. Not what I want to do necessarily, but there is a reality to the whole thing. It is a good idea to keep it open just in case.
-J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?