<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2004-02-21

Day 3 of quitting smoking. I have noticed that it is not as much fun to play computer games at the Internet Cafes when you cannot smoke. It gets boring easily. Perhaps this was because the nicotine made it more interesting.
Last night was a little tricky. It was Friday night, and I went out to dinner and for drinks with friends. As such, everyone smokes, Chinese and expats alike. And every time they take out their pack, they offer you one, of course, out of friendship.
I did stay away from them that night, so good so far. I learned a new Mandarin phrase, "Wo bu chou yen", or "I do not smoke".
Today I am meeting with two people who may be potential Language Exchange partners. This is when two folks get together and agree to teach each other their language. I am talking with four different people and I will pick one, perhaps two, which works the best for me.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?