<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2003-12-29

Since the day before Christmas, I have been playing host to a new friend. He comes from the San Francisco Bay Area. His name is Ivan, and he is a swing dancer too. He found us from an Internet search. Thank goodness Kellian put a few listings on shanghaiexpat.com, because that's where he found us.
He's a good dancer, and ironically, he is a member of the same dance group as my ex-gf. We have been hanging out for five days and we just realized this. So ironic! Small world, the Lindy World.
It seems that the best way to attract new students to the class is to have current students refer them. We get a lot of people who say they will come, and mean it, but just don't make it out on Sunday night. Perhaps our location is bad, perhaps the day is bad, I don't know.
In another area, we simply have too many female students! Normally a guy would have to be insane to say this, but it really is true! We have a new promotion: refer a male student and you get a free class. Some of our students are so good at this that I don't think they will ever pay for classes.
FYI I am still struggling with getting my credit and ATM cards mailed out here. Never, ever lose your wallet in a foreign country. It's a big pain normally, but here is has been just exasperating. Also, FYI, the best way to send things to China that I know is through EMS (Emergency Mail Service, or something like that), available through the standard old U.S. Post Office.
I am dating now. Nothing serious. I don't think I want anything serious. I'm still too much up in the air for that. I think I would prefer just to be dating. Too much pressure comes from a serious relationship.
Many friends have contacted me during the Christmas/New Year time. I appreciate everyone. I really do. I could not be back in the U.S. during this time, but I am happy to say that I was happy this year during Christmas. I have spent a few Christmas'es away from friends and family, and some of them have been very bad. But this year I was not sad, in fact I was happy and pleased to be around. Good for Jimbo! Yeah, yeah, yeah!
Happy Holidays to all,
-J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?