<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2003-12-10

Over the last few days, we have lost our favorite venue for swing dancing. It was a real nice club, made out of old wood construction. Three floors, with a live band. The band area could be viewed from the round balconies on the upper two floors. They let us dance, they gave our students a discount, and they played our music. We were on very good terms with the band, and they played music which worked for us. On two occasions, I even got behind the drums and played with the band. That was a lot of fun.
The place wasn't getting much business, and on a given night we brought in 30 people. And yet, for reasons we do not completely understand, the owner asked us not to come back. We met with the manager, and he said the owner was adamant on this, and she would not meet with us directly. Something about attracting the wrong clientelle. Like they had any clientelle! They were doing no business!
So, again, we needed to change venues. We found a quick replacement and it will do OK for now.
Kellian is going back to the U.S. for three weeks. I'll be on my own for a while, but I have many good students to dance with and one other American Lindy Hopper who I can do performance shows with. I'm pretty confident I'll manage OK.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?