<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2003-12-31

Howsa howsa-
It is cold and there is no sun in Shanghai during the winter. I have to admit it has been a little difficult lately. I taked with another ex-pat friend of mine, and we both were going through the same thing. Not exactly sure what we are doing here, not exactly sure how long we will stay, and so forth. In the mornings it is so cold you just don't want to get out of bed. The buildings are poorly insulated, so your bedroom may be warm but the rest of your house is so cold you don't want to get up and walk around.
My swing dance students have been pitching in lately. They are helping me post to Chinese language web sites. This is good. We are getting a few new dancers now. But we are still not sure where we will have our regular social night. Our current bar is too small and the dance floor is made out of metal. Slippery, and potentially dangerous if you fall on it.
I met some really cool dudes at the Cotton Club, a jazz bar out here. They are Greg and Matt, musicians with a lot of soul. We danced a little there tonight and they were really enthusiastic and want us to come out more often.
So, I'm hanging in there.
-J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?