<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2003-11-03

Today Kellian and I met with a new agency through which we may be able to get some swing dancing jobs. We have a show on Friday, probably, then we will see how it goes. I like the people there and I think it will be good.

Overall I think I feel pretty good. I'm starting to get the swing of things (ack- sorry!) in Shanghai. Every day is a new experience, that much is true. You never know what will happen when you walk out the door, but that's what makes it interesting.

We now have three swing dancing events per week, and we are just about finished with our first month's class. Some of our students have come along very well! And we have found two people who are experienced Lindy Hoppers. We are trying to bring them into the fold. We are also considering doing a "Lindy in the Park" day. We can only do that for a few more weeks, as I understand Shanghai winter is very nasty. And, I can tell you Shanghai Summer is really nasty, so this would be a fall and spring thing.

With the holiday season approaching, we think we will be able to secure more performances. Hope so!
-J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?