<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2003-10-17

We got the deal at the House of Blues and Jazz at our requested amount. And on Thursday a person from a company came to see our show and will probably hire us for a performance. More than that, she recommended we get an agent and said she could put us in touch with one. I think this is a good idea. Even though I can handle the business side a good deal, I can't handle as many contacts as an agent could. Plus, they speak Mandarin, now don't they?

I have been putting of getting a new apartment, but I really need to. I am now living with two very nice people, but the arrangement is not so keen. One is the apartment owner, who is a law student and a local. The other is a 25 year old girl from Germany, who is also very nice. However, living with a girl is not what I had in mind coming out here.

I'm not looking forward to the apartment search. The first time out I saw so many shitty places. I could not believe the agent was even taking me there. I wanted to say, "Look at me a second. You think I would want to live here?" The biggest problems in those places were garbage laying all about the outside, really shoddy construction inside (like washing machine exhaust tubes hanging across the public halways suspended by twine.)

The other problem with apartment hunting is the language barrier. The best deals can be found only from people who do not speak English. I think the thing to do is get the help of some of my Mandarin speaking friends to find reasonably nice places.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?