<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2003-09-08

Shanghai, Day 16
Over the last three days or so I have been recovering from a cold and not getting out much. This is pretty much par for the course with me -- got a cold in the Carribean and in France when I visited there. I think it's relocation stress.

The nightlife in Shanghai has proved to be very entertaining. Prior to this trip, I can think of very few times that I spent the whole night out partying, but here I have done it three times already. (Perhaps that's part of the reason I got sick...)

I have made several new friends. One Finnish guy named Jouni has introduced me to his friends, and they to theirs, and so on. Last Friday I met up with some Brits who were just in town for the weekend. We all joined up, got sauced, and stayed out until the sun came up. They taught me a cool new song (mom, stop reading).
Note: Must be spoken with a British accent for the appropriate sound.

As sole
As sole
A soldier I will be!
To pis
To pis
Two Pistols on my knee
Fah cue
Fah cue
For curiosity!
To fight for the old count-
To fight for the old count-
To fight for the old Country

Well, it was funny. We were walking down the streets of Shanghai about 3am with the Brits and a nice young blonde lady from Sweden, singing this song at the top of our lungs. What a country! What a city!
-J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?