<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2003-08-17

T-Minus 2 Days
I am going to sleep, and in four hours I will wake up go out and paintball.

On Friday the buyers for my car called me up and wanted to re-negotiate the deal. I was quite upset, since I had in good faith accepted their offer and turned down three inquiries about the car. I got off the phone with my neurotic buyer, thought about it a moment, then called her back and told her that our deal had been concluded and agreed upon and I had acted in good faith and expected her to do the same. She said that the original deal was null because I asked for a change in the transfer date from Saturday to Monday. Then she began going on listing all of the things wrong with the car, some real and some purely imagined. I lost trust in the buyer and told her we didn't have a deal anymore and hung up. I called back another guy who's number I had saved and he's going to buy it on Monday.

Deals are funny things. It's never over until the money and goods are handed over. I could have still dealt with the original woman, but I guessed that if she would try to change the price of the deal after it had been agreed upon, she could find some other sort of justification to change or cancel the deal completely at the last moment. Then I'd be stuck!

Saturday during the day I went to a friend's day party and saw my swing dance friends one last time. It was good to see them but it is always difficult, since I am planning on moving away. There was one notable absence -- a very good friend of mine who took a business trip to Ireland. Erin go braugh, baby!

Peace,
-J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?