<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2003-08-02

Last night I head up to San Francisco for an Oriented.com meeting. It's a group which brings together people who have business or other interests in Asia. They meet on the last Thursday of each month in San Francisco, Boston, Shanghai, Tokyo, and other cities. I met a lot of folks there, some of which are going to Shanghai as well. I'm more enthusiastic about my travel plans than ever before.
I was surprised to meet an old friend there, and along with a new friend we all went to the Top of the Mark. My favorite swing band, the Swing Session, plays there each Thursday. We did a little swing dancing, and after the show I said hello to the band. I told them told them still want to do the Shanghai - San Francisco Lindy Exchange, and I want to fly them out to perform. Everyone in the band is very enthusiastic about this idea. It would take some doing, but I think it could happen.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?