<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2003-08-05

I am at the client site. It will probably take the week to set everything up properly, but there are no serious problems. I still need to see if I can swing a type F visa from my client's Shanghai branch. I have not been pressing it since I need to focus on the task at hand.
I got my vaccinations shots this morning. My Shanghai dance partner won't arrive there until Sept 7, and I am wanting to get there within a few weeks from now. It turns out a friend of hers may be arriving around Aug 22, and we could hang out and visit the city in the meantime, provided there is a place to stay until the apartment is ready.
My principal concern about Shanghai is now, "Will I feel comfortable there day by day?" I think that is the most critical element. Finding a job and going to school are secondary concerns. If it turns out I don't like living there day to day, I am not obliged to 'tough it out'. However, I think I will enjoy it. I just want to make sure that life is as pleasant as possible from the very start.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?