<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2003-08-06

For the first time today I talked to my future swing dance partner on the phone. It turns out we have just about the same ideas and level of excitement over swing dancing, Shanghai, and living in China. We have both wanted to do the Shanghai Lindy Exchange. I told her my ambition is to get The Swing Session to come over and play for it. "Do you think they would agree to do it?" she asked. I told her, "They already have!"

I am now trying to pick an exact date of departure. I'm basically just twiddling my thumbs here in San Jose. But my dance partner won't arrive in Shangahi until September 7, and I want to make sure I know enough people and have enough things to do in the meanwhile. I'm sending out notices to folks out there to see who is available to visit.

A few specific plans have changed. We are still looking to get a the same 3 BR apartment in the same area, but it would just be myself, my dance partner, and one more person. So dow much is THAT? 1500RMB, or $187 per month.

Looks like I'm going to sell the car after all. You would not believe how tricky it is to store a car until you try. But I think selling it makes the most sense, regardless. It has been an trying emotional experience to let go of everything and head to another country to strike out my fortune. But it feels very tangible now.

Aug 20 looks like a reasonable target date.

Peace,
-J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?