<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2003-07-23

Yard work today. And putting up shelves.

I met a person some time ago. We were talking for a while, and for some reason it seemed like we could start telling each other some personal things. We weren't ever going to see each other again. Sometimes its easier to tell your deepest secrets to a person you have never met and will never see again.
That person told me that she had recently tried to commit suicide. I looked at her wrists and I could see the faint criss-crossed scars on them. I'd never have noticed them otherwise. She said she had tried to do this thing to herself, and no one even noticed. I kissed her on the wrists and told her to never do that again.
I know as much as anyone that state-of-mind is something not to be taken for granted. Happiness and comfort and safety can be very elusive in life, and there are moments in which it will not be immediately obtainable. But in such a state of mind you have to find some sort of goal or desire that you wish to fulfill. Then, isn't the risk of taking that chance worth it? Literally, what do you have to lose? This is more or less what I told her.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?