<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2003-07-24

Today I went to Yellowstone with my mom and spent the afternoon there. It was the first time we'd spent a day together in a long time. It was very settling.

I'm finding Montana in general to be much more calm than life in Phoenix. But this is very good -- it gives me the focus I need to make plans for my trip. I'm thinking now that Thailand would just be a distraction from my goal. Just like the temptation to purchase a house, I think its just going to pull me away from the things I really need to plan.

What do I need to get to Shanghai at this point? 1) Sell the car. 2) Arrange for a visa, preferably with extended stay. 3) Finalize living arrangements. 4) Decide whether to keep The Jimbo Corporation or fold it. 5) Make plans for health insurance.

I would be completely comfortable getting on the ground in Shanghai without a job lined up, provided these other things were in order. At the moment, my to-be swing dance partner is looking at a 3br apartment which her boyfriend would rent for us. I'd move in there and just play it by ear. My only immediate concern in the first three months would be having my visa extended for long enough. I could spend that time networking, learning Mandarin, and adjusting to the culture.

I think August 15 would be a reasonable E.T.A.
Peace,
-J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?