<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2003-07-26

One major concern about going to China is having a well-prepared exit. What if a bloody revolution takes place? I want to be back in the U.S. within days, watching it all on CNN.

When I leave for China, I'll store my car near the local Montana airport. From there I'll fly to San Francisco and connect to Shanghai with a one-year open ended return ticket. If I decide to return for any reason, I can be back home within a week and there's a car and home waiting for me.

It's going to cost a bit to have this plan. Car storage costs about $500 a year, and there will be minimal car insurance. But it's worth it. I don't want to be in China and feel in any way that it would be difficult to return. There's going to be enough pressure in the first place. If eventually I don't need this plan, I'll just sell the car and be done with it.

The next question is, how will I arrange my visa? There's visitor, student, work, and "formal visit" visa types to choose from. I'm going to ponder this tomorrow.
;-) J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?