<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2003-07-19

It's 10pm, and I'm in San Francisco again. I lived here about a year and a half, so I know my way around the city. I'm waiting for my former Mandarin tutor to get out of work so that we can get some coffee and catch up. I'm going to crash here then take off early in the morning for a two-day drive to Montanta.
I'm thinking of writing a memoir called "California", detailing the seven years I spent here. Roughly, it would go like this:
* Leaving Chicago suburbs
* The drive out
* Arriving in Los Angeles (to be delayed by a bomb threat on my exit ramp)
* Going on to San Diego, where I lived with a surfer for about three months before I ran out of cash.
* Going back to L.A., living with my cousin for a month. On a boat for a month. With a girlfriend for a month. Renting a room from a crazy lady who's house was in front of the Hollywood sign. Getting a job with a computer game company and moving to Brentwood, next to Casey Kasum's daughter, Kerri (see her website: http://www.kerrikasem.com/)
* Hanging in Brentwood two years, then going on to private EDI consulting.
* Up to San Jose, living in Campbell, Mount Hamilton (the House on the Hill), Willow Glen, San Francisco.

What would I write about? What's interesting about my life? Perhaps I could squeeze something good out of the time. I'm sure my mom would like to read, it, anyhow.
-J
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?