<$BlogRSDUrl$>

For three years, I have been in China teaching Swing Dancing. Now I'm wandering yet again...

2003-06-21

I'm definitely looking for a new direction. I don't know where I'm going to end up yet. Over the last couple of days things in Phoenix have been OK.
I've been watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Every now and then I can make something out. It's good to hear it spoken out loud. The sounds of Mandarin are different than what I have learned in practice. Spoken conversation has a very different than saying everything word-for-word like you would to a child.
It's amazing how very little you can get accomplished in a day if you set your mind to it. Tonight I'm going to take care of some bills I've been putting off.
Today someone said to me that they end up being a very different person, depending on the people they are hanging out with. If they are hanging out with one individual who may be a crazy party person, they change and become more exitable and such. And when they handg with someone else they are a whole other person. I've heard a lot of people say the same sort of thing.
I'm the same way, when I think about it. And the odd thing is, when you are with each person they only see that particular side of you that comes out.
I have no plans for this weekend. I've been staying up until very late and sleeping past noon each night. I think it's in part because its so hot during the daytime. You can't really do anything until afternoon. The nights are very pleasant, though.
Wan an,
Jim
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?